The Church by the Sea was founded in 1945. The congregation is diverse, inclusive and intergenerational. This high-profile project involved the replacement of the existing congregational church with a new three-level facility mixed church to serve a variety of purposes: religious assembly, community center and retail space.
The B’nai Israel facility includes a sanctuary with a permanent capacity of 480 seats including the balcony seating. The expanded High Holy Day capacity reaches 2,000. This capacity is attained by the use of flex space via movable walls to convert the Social Hall and Kiddush area into sanctuary.
Temple Beth Sholom project included the design of a new chapel and youth center. Zyscovich did extensive research on both architect Percival Goodman, one of the best-known American synagogue architects that designed Temple Beth Sholom and the architectural history of the synagogue itself.